Monday, October 5, 2009

Regular practice schedule set & Uniform orders

Good practice tonight! Here's the latest:

PRACTICES: Going forward, our practice schedule is going to be Mondays at Mountain View and Thursdays at Finley Farms. Below is a map to Finley Farms. (Click it for a larger version.) There's also a map to Mountain View farther down this page.

Practices will start officially at 5 PM, but with it getting darker earlier, Emmy will be out there at 4:30 or so if anyone wants to arrive early. That's a good time for pitchers and catchers to show up, by the way, and anyone else who might want some extra instruction.

I know those times don't work for everyone, but there actually weren't two days, other than Monday and Tuesday, that did. And I didn't want to practice two days in a row, then not for the rest of the week. So we'll do the best we can with this.

THURSDAY: On Thursday we'll practice sliding, so everyone should wear either long pants or sliding shorts and pads. Also, I'd really like to see the girls wearing visors out there, especially on the right side of the infield.

UNIFORM ORDER: I'll be turning in the uniform order to NYS on Tuesday afternoon and at Thursday's practice will need to collect $7 from each family for having names put on the jerseys. I also need payment for the pants, if you ordered them. I think only one girl did. Cash would be appreciated--checks are kind of a hassle. If there are any changes, please let me know Tuesday by about 2 PM.

ROSTER: Right now we have 12 girls on the roster. Everyone bats, and we play 10 in the field (four outfielders), so no one will have to sit out often. But that also means we need to be sure that everyone will be able to make it to all the games--in the past, we've had rosters of about 15 girls, and most games we had only 12 or 13 who could be there.

So please let me know ASAP if there will be weekends when you won't be able to make it to games so I can make sure we have enough players present each week to avoid any forfeits. I'm hesitant to add any more players to the roster, because that means more people sitting, but I don't want to get caught short, either.

(Tami, can you get me contact info for Alyssa's family?)

Thanks! See you all Thursday!

No comments:

Post a Comment